Keeping you safe for your visit to the Lake District.
Safeguarding our Team and Guests is vitally important to us during these unusual times. We have implemented new policies and procedures to keep everyone safe during your visit to Sawrey House Hotel.
We are keeping up to date with any changes to government guidelines and this guide is subject to change to ensure your safety whilst visiting us in the beautiful Lake District.
We have adapted some of our hotel and brasserie operations focusing on hygiene, sanitation and social distancing. We are retraining our team members to work within our guidelines, whilst still offering the excellent levels of service you would expect from us.
- We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you call us to postpone your stay. These include; A high temperature, new or persistent cough and loss of taste/smell.
For more information please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Please practice Social Distancing with our Team Members and other Guests.
- We have placed hand sanitising stations around the hotel for your use – please sanitise your hands when entering the hotel.
- In-line with Government Guidelines it is now compulsory to wear a face covering when not seated in indoor public areas including at Reception, Corridors and Stairs.
- In-line with Government regulations we are displaying the NHS QR Code in reception. This is to support the Government Track & Trace Scheme and is complementary to our own Track & Trace scheme we have operating within the hotel.
- We have put in place signage on arrival and throughout the hotel detailing the guidelines we have in place to protect you and our team.
- Please be mindful of others if there is a queue at reception and Socially Distance from fellow guests and Team Members.
- If you have any questions or need assistance during your stay, simply dial 0 from the phone in your room.
- Please follow the Government guidelines on staying safe with regular hand washing and sanitising, as well as following the ‘Stay Safe – Save Lives’ guidelines.
- We have enhanced our cleaning procedures to include increased cleaning of shared surfaces throughout the day
- There are hand sanitising stations throughout the hotel for you use.
- To avoid overcrowding and unnecessary contact we ask guests who are staying with us – where possible- to use the toilets in their rooms.
- When walking through the hotel we ask you to use your discretion and consideration by keeping at least 2 metres between yourself and other guests.
- There are several ‘Pinch Points’ within the hotel – mainly at the restaurant entrance – please be mindful and avoid stopping in these areas.
- Our stairs and corridors are narrow in places – please keep to the left when passing others and avoid crossing on the stair wells.
- Every Guest Bedroom and Bathroom will be fully sanitised before each stay and the room locked to ensure no contamination occurs prior to your arrival.
- Fabric items such as mattresses, pillows, carpets, chairs and other soft furnishings are sprayed with an approved sanitising solution, which is effective in killing Covid-19 but otherwise harmless to you and us.
- All surfaces are thoroughly wiped down and sanitised prior to your arrival.
- All Linen, towels and robes are professionally washed on a high heat with an appropriate solution.
- All consumables are replaced before each stay.
- All printed material has been removed from your room to avoid cross contamination.
- Daily servicing by our housekeepers will only be available upon request. Should you require this service, please vacate your room and stow away all personal items including toiletries.
- To avoid face to face contact at the bar, please take a seat and we will take an order from you at your table.
- We will assign your drinks charges to your room to reduce contact.
- Please don’t return your empty glasses to the bar – we will collect them after you leave.
- We will no longer use straws, drink stirrers or drinks napkins for your beverages.
- Breakfast times have changed slightly to those advertised and is now served from 8:15 to 9:15 each morning.
- We have introduced a ‘Low Contact’ breakfast service to reduce the amount of times our Team will visit your table.
- You will be required to pre-order your breakfast the night before using our order sheet.
- We have introduced a staggered breakfast service – please arrive at your allocated breakfast time.
- Breakfast Tables will be allocated – please wait to be seated at your table.
- As per government legislation, we will no longer be offering our full buffet breakfast.
- All guests wishing to dine in the restaurant with us MUST book in advance – this can be done at Check In or by calling us on 01539436387
- We will continue to operate our staggered dining times – please arrive at the restaurant at your allocated time.
- All our Team Members abide to a strict hand washing and sanitising regime instead of wearing gloves.
- Menus are sanitised after every use.
- All bills will be charged to your room to avoid unnecessary contact.
- To ensure we are able to fully clean your room before the next guests, please check out no later than 11am.
- Please drop your room key into the Key Box on exit.