We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
This policy refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
Personal Data we collect
In your interaction with us, and in conducting every aspect of our business, we may collect personal information. This personal information may include: your contact information; information related to your reservation, stay, participation in a contest, or marketing program (even if you do not stay at our hotel); information related to the purchase and receipt of products or services; personal characteristics, passport number and date and place of issue; payment information, such as your payment card number and other card information, as well as authentication information and guest preferences; marketing and communication preferences; information about vehicles you may bring onto our property; and other types of information that you choose to provide to us or that we may obtain about you. We may ask for details on joint travellers, including their names.
In addition, we collect other personal information in certain cases, such as:
- On-property Collection: We collect additional personal information during registration/check-in at our property, including such information as may be required by local laws. We may also use closed circuit television and other security measures at our properties that may capture or record images of guests and visitors in public areas.
- Event Profiles: If you plan an event with us, we collect meeting and event specifications, the date of the event, number of guests, details of the guest rooms, and, for corporate events, information on your organization (name and number of sponsored events per year). We also collect information about the guests that are a part of your group or event. If you visit us as part of a group, we may have personal information about you provided to us by the group organiser.
- Social Media: If you choose to participate in Sawrey House-sponsored social media activities or offerings, we may collect certain information from your social media account consistent with your settings within the social media service, such as location, check-ins, activities, interests, photos, status updates and friend list. We may also allow you to enter into contests to provide photos, such as of your stay with us, which you may share with your connections on social media for votes, shared offers or other promotions.
- Forward-to-a-Friend: From time to time, we may offer a feature that allows you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message with a friend, whether via the Internet or mobile device. If you choose to use this feature, we will ask you for the recipient’s name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include. By using this feature, you represent that you are entitled to use and provide us with the recipient’s name and email address for this purpose.
We use the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you marketing information which we believe may be of interest to you. In your making initial consent to marketing contact from Veuve Hotels Ltd we shall maintain a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We may from time to time use such information to collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to our website.
Any information Veuve Hotels Ltd holds about you encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from our own suppliers such as 3rd party booking sites (Online Travel Agents – “OTAs”).
We use your personal information in a number of ways, including providing and personalising the services you request from and expect from us. We only collect the information needed so that we can deliver this in an effective and personalised way. We do not sell or broker your data.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet contractual obligations to our guests and to also respond to marketing enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by Veuve Hotels Ltd
To promote the marketing and services offered by Veuve Hotels Ltd.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Veuve Hotels Ltd processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com or writing to us at:
Sawrey House Hotel.
Veuve Hotels Ltd may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. Veuve Hotels Ltd requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
We do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with us without your consent. However, we may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. We may also enforce our Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of our Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Veuve Hotels Ltd, our clients and/or the wider community.
We will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for five years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After five years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in The United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers. Veuve Hotels Ltd does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your rights as a data subject At any point whilst Veuve Hotels Ltd is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Veuve Hotels Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Hotels Ltd at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed You can request the following information:
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Veuve Hotels Ltd or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required. Veuve Hotels Ltd will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Veuve Hotels Ltd is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01539436387 or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Veuve Hotels Ltd, you have the right to complain to Veuve Hotels Ltd. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
Mr David Bulmer
Veuve Hotels Ltd
Sawrey House Hotel
Telephone 015394 36387 or email email@example.com
Data Protection Regulator
Information Commissioner's office
Tel: 0030 123 1113